Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Arnold for 3ds Max Forum
Rendering with Arnold in 3ds Max using the MaxtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting random colors on Procedural (.ass file)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
osukas
411 Views, 3 Replies

Getting random colors on Procedural (.ass file)

I'm adding a lot of car models in my scene, because they are heavy I'm exporting them in .ass ,and allows me handle all the data in scene.

I made a shader that gives me a random color if I duplicate the geometry. But when loading the .ass file. All the copies use the same color. This is the shader I'm using

osukas_0-1658245512502.png

 there is a way to get the color randomized? BTW the cars are parked, so if there is a way to get color based on world position that can work for me

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Budda_Pesht
in reply to: osukas

As far as I know, the color needs to be reassigned via operators in the case of .ass files. But I don't know much about this issue. Look for "Arnold operators"in the description

Message 3 of 4
CiroCardoso3v
in reply to: osukas

Message 4 of 4
osukas
in reply to: CiroCardoso3v

Followed the tutorial, and doesnt work, all the procedural objects are the same color, doesnt pick the "Node Hash"

If i add normal spheres to the scene and assign the material, i get the random colors

osukas_0-1658852577525.png

But i dont get it from using the operator in the "Procedural Object"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report