Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo

Undo

Just happened that I deleted a surface by mistake, and it was not possible to bring it back with the classic undo (ctrl-z) option. It is NOT ACCEPTABLE that after so many versions and updates this option is not available on a software which is a standard for the industry and it has such expensive prices options. This is a basic feature that is available even on many other softwares, as someone already pointed out. Instead of focusing on adding minor program features, it would be much welcome to have what is necessary to work every day as professionals and not losing precious time. 

Best regards

12 Comments
danielcUPK8E
Advocate

I could not agree more Alessandro. The UNDO function in Alias is so sporadic - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't! As a long time Alias user, I am still baffled that even basic software UI issues have never been addressed e.g. some text inputs are a nightmare.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alessandro, 

For using general undo option in ALIAS without limited memory you need to uncheck the limits in settings.

It's available in Preferences >General preferences >Miscellaneous >General Undo.

Cheers

mfucek
Explorer

@Anonymous  ,

Preferences >General preferences >Miscellaneous >General Undo.

That is not the solution. regardless of the preferences option, UI is buggy!

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello

Would be nice to be able to get a double, triple

MoshiurRashid
Advisor

Actually I heard, a lot of alias users face this. Sometimes the undo works sometimes doesn’t. I'm also searching for a solution. 

randyleighton100
Participant

Hello, check out Smart Draft by Rex Cooper. It will do just what you are looking for and very fast and effectively. I have been using the software for the past 20 years and it really does an excellent job. Thanks, Randolph Leighton, Senior Civil Design Engineer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

go to general preferences, miscellaneous and untick "limit memory used" which is on by default. The immediate difference is that you can now undo deletion.

danielcUPK8E
Advocate

Thanks Huang,

Yes, that will help but it does not extend the limits of Alias 'undos' because apparently Alias contains a lot of legacy code that limits the software's ability to sequence 'undos' correctly. Hopefully this will be addressed in future releases.

lestervidalgutierrez
Contributor

When you combine two surfaces there is no way to undo that. It is very frustrating and annoying behavior.

Anonymous
Not applicable

一样的想法,一直在寻求解决的方案。xoso.@!!!

systembolaget
Collaborator

It's incredibly difficult to explain former Creo, Rhino, Maya or SolidWorks users that there is no proper undo, making you as a trainer look like a fool.

contactYHDQX
Contributor

Please get this undo finally to work proper!!! Autodesk its 2022!!!!! This is a basic function in every simple software since the 1980s? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report