Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Intel Iris XE - Hardware Shade per pixel

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
stephan.everwin
896 Views, 6 Replies

Intel Iris XE - Hardware Shade per pixel

Hi everyone, I'm testing a Dell XPS 13 9310 with Iris XE graphics (Intel i7-1165G7 processor). It seems to be running smoothly with Alias Autostudio 2021, except that in Hardware Shade the shading method "per pixel" is not available (only "per vertex"). Does anyone have an idea if I can change settings to make per pixel shading available or is this a general limition for the integrated Intel graphics without any workaround? Any help and suggestions appreciated.

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hello Stephan,

Officially Intel graphics cards are not supported by the Autodesk Alias team.  In the past we have encountered far too many issues with the the drivers (which are not under our control) to provide an officially supported experience.

That said, if you set the environment variable "ALIAS_ENABLE_INTEL_GFX" then it should enable it within the software.  Just be aware it is unofficial and won't be supported if you run into graphics bugs/issues using Intel hardware.

Message 3 of 7
zeitarbeit
in reply to: wayne.olive

@wayne.olivethat would be ALIAS_ENABLE_INTEL_GFX=1 as Windows environment variable, correct?

Message 4 of 7
wayne.olive
in reply to: zeitarbeit

For this particular environment variable, as long as it is set it should work (so ALIAS_ENABLE_INTEL_GFX=1 will work yes, but you can set it to anything).

Message 5 of 7

@wayne.olivecheers for the response.

In addition to that would you know of any way of performance profiling a dwg file and its references in Civil 3D? I have some setups where opening/usage is awfully slow. I have already minimized network use graphics as well as maximized caches. It is a bummer to work with. In a third party DWG editor it works flawlessly...

Message 6 of 7
wayne.olive
in reply to: zeitarbeit

Sorry no, you could perhaps try the Civil 3D forum?  (https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d/ct-p/4003)

Message 7 of 7
speedster1
in reply to: wayne.olive

Will I face any such issue in laptops using AMD Radeon Integrated GPUs? My main question being, does Alias require a dedicated GPU only for its Hardware Shaders to function properly or will they work in Integrated GPUs too?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report