Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change round

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
606 Views, 7 Replies

Can't change round

Hi!

I can't seem to change the rounds on my edges. I click on the edge, and when I enter the round it doesn't change. It has worked before, and on the same object. I had around 4 edges left to trim and then it got stuck on 1 and then changed to 3,899 or something. It's the battery lid I want to trim, and I tried restarting the program and the computer, even opening another file. A few times this worked, but most of the time it's like the program doesn't even react to what I enter. I want a pretty low number, because 1-3 doesn't work on all edges.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Kate

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
joe.doyle.yyz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Kate,

Any chance you could share the battery lid file? Also, which version of Alias are you using?

Regards,

Joe 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: joe.doyle.yyz

Hi Joe!

I couldn't upload the wire-file, so I sent an image. I'm using alias 2018. Here's a zip 🙂

Regards,

Kate

Message 4 of 8
bob55

This zip file has a wire file of a remote control in it.  Is that what you intended?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: bob55

yes :), the lid is on the bottom and is called "Batterilock"
Message 6 of 8
joe.doyle.yyz

Hi Kate,

Thanks for sharing. I have asked one of our QA team members to look at this issue and see if he can help. Stay tuned!

Joe

Message 7 of 8
bob55
in reply to: bob55

Could you tell me the object name of a I could play with to duplicate the issue?

Message 8 of 8
michael.wu

Hi katerinaI have checked that the width of the extrude surface on the Batterilock is only 0.3mm. That's why the radius of fillet surface larger than 0.3 doesnot work between the two surfaces. If you decrease the radius, you should get the expected output. Please refer the images below.

WidthofEdge.jpg

SmallRadius.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report