Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scribing on attached parts

Scribing on attached parts

Hello,

If you want to have scribing on parts off advancesteel you have to set the NC settings behavior  to "nc Based on Mainpart Numbers"

For mainparts this is working fine. However, if a beam is attached to a baseplate and a identical beam is also attached on a identical baseplate but 50 mm of center. Then after numbering the two baseplates will have the same number. So the nc will also have the same number. This is not correct because the scribing is not the same.

I think it would be nice if advancesteel will consider the scribing for  numbering attached and mainparts.

regards

21 Comments
ChristianBlei
Advisor

Hi,

definetely a must.

If scribing can be part of  a part, than it must be taken into account for numbering as any feature or modification.

A bug to me.

BR,

Christian Blei

iwafb
Advisor

Surely this is something that's listed as priority for urgent fix? As users, we are pushing for fabricators to use the technologies available to them, yet we are producing the wrong data!!??

haedicu
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

We will be further evaluating this one in the near future and will keep you posted if we need any additional feedback or clarification. Please feel free to continue voting on this one as it will help us with the continued evaluation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Old problem but very important request : the scribing on second parts should be take in consideration by the numbering.

Thank you

Best regards,

Anthony BERNE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have also just come across this problem. Unfortunately it was pointed out to me by a client who ended up with a lot of plates with incorrect part numbers and incorrect contour lines for mating parts. In my opinion (and in the opinion of my client) this is an embarrassing failure!! 

This should be fixed urgently!!!

John Stewart.

iwafb
Advisor

Please do not view this as a feature request when in reality it's a bug. Reality is that we are consistently producing NC files with the wrong scribes which is leading to unnecessary costs in the workshop.

Anonymous
Not applicable

totaly agree it is a bug. it has to be fixed soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is huge bug.

and there should be an option in numbering setting like "consider attached part scribing into numbering".

see the response from my client.

Bob,

For this particular baseplate in Stacey, there are 3 quantity in the model but the columns are different profiles. How can we address this?

G-C5010

G-C5018 and G-C5020

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could anybody react from Autodesk what the status is of this wish?

A lot off customers are having problems with this issues.

Gernot Jeromin? i understand that Gernot is now the man to talk to.

iwafb
Advisor

Urgently needs to be fixed. We are still producing files with the wrong scribes and the excuse is really wearing thin...

TvdH1981
Advocate

Hello,

I have also a scribing issue. We want to use scribing on our new machine. On the mainparts we can only scribe on the top, bottom flenge  or on the web of the section. What we like to see is that there is an option when there is a plate welded to the side of the flenge that we can turn on scribing on top or bottom of the section for width of the attached plates and or/holes in the plates. We know that Tekla now has extra modules to do that afterwards. This is a huge advantage for them on Advance steel we think. There is so much time and efficiency to be gained from this option. There is a video from Tekla wich explain what the new modules do for them. Please consider this and we'll hope that this is soon possible. See link for video 

iwafb
Advisor

Posting to re-iterate the importance of this, 3 years on and our customers can't believe we're still producing files with the wrong scribe information on them...!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please fix this. There needs to be an option to consider scribing when numbering. It's hard to compete against others using Tekla which does this correctly.  This is a must and it's urgent!!

Matrix-Software
Contributor

HEllo,

Again i have a couple of customers with trusses, or stairs, and it is just not posible to get a scribing on the attached objects. It is only possible to get the powderlines on  the mainpart .

Again, Please do not see this as a future request, but solve this isue as quick as possible.

We are living in 2021 and there a lot off customers working with machines that can scribe. So it is used a lot.

regards

corentin_prigent
Contributor

Hello
I have a client who reminds me about this problem.
We are in 2021 with AS2022 and this problem persists,
thank you for bringing this problem to the top of development requests.

regards

iwafb
Advisor

Hard to believe this is still treated as a feature request! 5 years on, and something that could be fixed so easily is still causing users heartache! Speechless...

iwafb
Advisor

For what it's worth, bumping again 6YEARS ON!

When is ADS going to fix this??

johnC5ARB
Participant

Please fix this!!!! 6 years and nothing. I guess this is a good example of how out of touch Autodesk is with industry requirements. 

bigcarl5000kg
Advisor

vain fight with windmills, the interests of the operator of this SW are somewhere else ... and the future was just a hair's breadth away (someone fell asleep a couple of light years away).

daniel.tarnowski
Advocate

I understand this is the ideas forum, and completely agree this issue should be rectified.

Having run into this in the past, I managed to come up with a work around. Please feel free to PM me if interested.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report