cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Select Label Tokens

Quick Select Label Tokens

It would be nice to be able to quickly select the label tokens when a different token is required in the content of a label. I would like to quickly change the label content from single part number to assembly number or material size. At the moment I have to select "change" in the "Inset Label" command, search through all the items then change the token. It's too time consuming. Maybe there should be a "Quick Label" tool where you only have to select the token from a drop down list. Thanks.

4 Comments
Drawtech
Collaborator

Rather than change of token each time, have you tried creating new label definitions (via the Copy button top left)?

Make sure the User category is the active one - right click and set to current - it will go bold.

Then once you select your defined label type, it will be used for any new manual labels for that object type until you change it again.

ChangeLabel.jpg

haedicu
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Drawtech
Collaborator

...to the OP, when you have inserted a label and edit the content, you can pick any token from the dropdown list.

The software already allows quick selection of any token when manually editing a label and also allows you to configure your own manual label definitions if you regularly want to use the same content.

I cannot really see what you are asking for.

haedicu
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Due to a low support of your peers, your great idea is not considered for implementation at this time. Thank you for your contribution, every idea has merit. We always encourage you to rework and resubmit these ideas based on feedback received.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report