cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility to align detail view, and to rotate at ANY angle

Possibility to align detail view, and to rotate at ANY angle

Hello,

It will be helpful if we can align detail view and / or to rotate it at ANY angle, not just at 90 / 180 degrees.

Regards,

Ilko Dimitrov

3 Comments
haedicu
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thank you for this idea. I agree that this will help reduce time to clean up drawings.

We will take it in consideration for a future release.

best regards

Udo

Anonymous
Not applicable

New to Advance Steel. I agree.  It seems silly that the views are not defaulted at ALIGNED.  I feel like I've taken a step back.  Also the views in my drawings are not even the same scale even though the advance detail properties say they are.  I do have break lines in both views.  However, the break settings are the same in both views.  The end detail is taller than the main detail.  This kind of thing should be locked down.

Does anyone know of some good training info on the documentation portion of Advance Steel.  Rearranging these views and cleaning up these drawing makes me want to start from scratch.

Kelly H

Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely agree @Anonymous , this really needs to happen. 

@haedicu, Section markers are helpful but aligning the actual detail with where the section was taken is definitely helpful for fabricators in workshop to work out exactly what & where they are looking.

Need to keep bumping this further up the list.

Kind regards,

Kiet

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report