cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

function that could transfer holes and notches

function that could transfer holes and notches

Hello developers,
it would be nice to get a function that could transfer holes and notches (possibly also selectable) from one component to one and more other components. Thereby the components must also be able to be completely different. This function saves a lot of time and is a normal part in other softwares!
Thank you!

6 Comments
Drawtech
Collaborator

...just curious what you are asking and how this got 18 votes?

We already have Advance Steel copy, copy mirror, copy rotate, copy with adjustment, transform elements.

...all of which can be used to copy holes, notches and anything else between members or between plates.

What else do you need?

bigcarl5000kg
Advisor

100% agreement with @Drawtech 

How it's possible? I would say ignorance of users.

info
Explorer

For a better understanding here a small addition: So my function request should be that you want to transfer features and holes between unequal objects, e.g. from a plate to a beam and vice versa. This should be executable in several objects also at the same time, so that a not insignificant time saving results from this. Thanks!

Matrix-Software
Contributor

I totaly agree, there is no possibility to copy holes from plate to beam in a quick way. this will be a time saver.

bigcarl5000kg
Advisor

User: use all available tools and you will find that it is already possible. Ignorance is no excuse and laziness will get you nowhere ... nothing is perfect, but without your effort you will achieve nothing.

Jonathan.Jasinski
Collaborator

Carlo is correct that certain features cannot be transferred between different types of objects.  However, features can be either copied or "Copied with Adjustment" between different pieces regardless of size/shape/orientation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report