Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

y dose welding kp change name of fin plates

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
alickomay
236 Views, 2 Replies

y dose welding kp change name of fin plates

bad changes.png

why when i weld on kp to beam dose it  change the part mark of the 12 fin plates (f23)

all other plates  stay same, only  kp should go from sum f-xx to kp-xx

i can fix the plate name by  pressing undo heaps of times  then renumbering (i have repeated this 3 times now )

but i kind of wont that kp welded to beam 

all plates have bean cut an marked by plasma

all drawing printed 

i was hoping to only redo the one assembly drawing but now it looks like all drawing go to go in bin or plates not going to match, 170 pages in the bin Greta will be pissed 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Lewk_PSB
in reply to: alickomay

Could it be that in your Number settings you have some boxes checked in "Unique mark per object" or "Overwrite prefix"? It sounds like some of the settings under the Special tab need to be adjusted.

Message 3 of 3
AleckGiles
in reply to: alickomay

Hi,

Before welding the kick plate to the beam has the part number 23 been manually assigned to it? Making it KP23. It seems that way.

When you weld the kick plate to the main beam it stops being a standalone part so the part number and assembly number no longer need to match. The part number gets a new prefix of F for fitting but the system does not seem to be able to change the actual number of 23. In my experience, this only happens when the number has been typed in manually.

Since the kick plate is now F23 the find plates can no longer be F23 so they get a new number.

To avoid this you must remove the existing part number from KP23 before renumbering. You can remove the existing part number from just that one part as follows:-

• Output > Part Marks > Toggle Switch display SP/MP - set to white and orange icon (part mode).
  • Select the kick plate only.
  • Output > Part Marks > Ungroup identical parts.

Now the Kick plate will have no part number. You can renumber the whole model.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report