Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 on my new workstation...

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Totec_MW
271 Views, 2 Replies

Windows 11 on my new workstation...

I am just setting up my new PC at work, and I have the option to install Windows 11. Those that have used it seem pretty happy, so I would like to go ahead and 'turn it up to 11'

What I would like to check first is whether this will cause issues when copying the AS data (C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Advance Steel 2023\GBR etc.) over from my old machine. I have AS2023 on the old, and will install the same version on the new PC.

Will the different versions of Windows make a difference? Do I need to set up the new machine with Windows 10 first, then upgrade to 11 after I have migrated everything across?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
iwafb
in reply to: Totec_MW

We got new laptops middle of last year and asked for Windows 11. No problems. The databases worked fine (AS data is on local machines, not network setup).

Wouldn't install windows 10 and then upgrade to 11. Best to have 11 as a fresh install...

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Totec_MW

I agree with the statement above based on the dozens of posts in these forums to date on the topic "...Wouldn't install windows 10 and then upgrade to 11. Best to have 11 as a fresh install..."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report