Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welds from the macro aren't acting a weld for assembly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jack.kern9XW2B
335 Views, 4 Replies

Welds from the macro aren't acting a weld for assembly

I have a custom section stair tread that I need welded to a plate on stringer. The stair macro brings in the custom tread with our plate configuration, and a weld. The only problem is Advanced Steel isn't acting like there is a weld on the plate and tread. The long work around is to ad the weld to each tread in the whole project. I don't want to do this 50 times for each tread. Any idea's on how to fix the weld in the macro?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi @jack.kern9XW2B ,

not all the welds in the macro can be changed. Can you post a model sample here? 

+++ impossible immediately and miracles within 3 days +++
+++ the only constant is the change +++ stay tuned for more +++
+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
Message 3 of 5

Place welds on first tread and use copy with adjustment tool to copy to other treads.

_astransformandconnect_ adapt

Message 4 of 5

Hi @jack.kern9XW2B 

As @bigcarl5000kg said if you could post your model that would help. As its a custom tread please also use the "Store Used Data" button on the tools tab so we can see the custom tread.

I assume you are using Tread type 23 which is a custom tread with welded end plate.

There is an option of that Tread type for Bolt location, this seems to control the Bolt and weld at the same time and I think its a bug.

On a test model if i set the type to Shop, the bolt and weld are both set to shop.

Stair macro bolt location.pngBolts shop.pngWeld shop.png

When the bolts are changed to site, it also changes the weld

Stair macro bolt location site.pngWeld site.png

Could you confirm if this is a bug @Emanuel.Nestor?

As @sdonohoedesign said you coudl manually add the weld to the bottom tread and then use Transform elements to copy the weld up the staircase based on the rise and going

Rob Merriman, AEC Technical Lead, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

Hi @Rob_Merriman,

Thank you for your help in this thread.

I confirm that the behavior of the Bolt&Weld location for tread 23 is a known limitation, being also reported by other users. It is already documented on the development team's side as an improvement request.

I will add the details from this post to the existing report, to be available in case of future enhancements to this macro.

Best regards,
Emy

Emy Nestor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report