Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weld representation in drawings; Section symbols & Other Drawing Style Related

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
771 Views, 3 Replies

Weld representation in drawings; Section symbols & Other Drawing Style Related

Hello, 

I've recently startet trying to implement advance steel in our current workflow and drawings style. This has raised several questions. I'll be posting them here and would be very thankful if someone could help me. So here I go:

1. Is it possible to automatically display weld line symbols on assembly drawings?  I mean display them as a series of dashes or X-es, without the need to manually insert weld line from the labeling menu. (See attached picture "Welds.jpeg") I could easily do it if all welds could be represented as separate lines in their own layers in the drawing by changing the linetype to a custom one, which looks like | | | or xxx, but how could I represent them as lines?

2. When using the section symbol it would be nice if the letters could be on the outside of the symbol, not directly after the arrow - what I mean is this: for a vertical cut (horizontal arrows), the letter on the upper arrow should be above it and on the botton arrow - below it. I've noticed that in the management tools there are templates for cut symbol up and down, but couldn't utilize them. Is it possible?

3. Could a spline be used for custom leader and how is custom leader made, I couldn't find it in the menus?

4. When I set the line colour for hidden lines in the Management tools, it doesn't show up propperly in the actual drawing. Plus the linetype is not correct.

Thank you in advance (:D) for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Scratch question 2. I've managed to figure it out - I had to restart Advance Steel for my modifications to take effect. Question 1 is still top priority, so any input will be appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
múinteoir
in reply to: Anonymous

This should show on the drawings. For it to show I think you need to add a line of weld in the model and then the xxxxx pattern will show
The face of the BIM game | Former Autodesk Expert Elite | YouTuber | Lego Builder | Monaghan Man | Some Can, Some Cant
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: múinteoir

Yes, but can it be done for weld point, as weld line seems a bit slow/cumbersome? 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report