Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Ladders

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1631 Views, 3 Replies

Vertical Ladders

I have just created a vertical ladder within advance steel, However when I wish to include a cage at the ladder top exit, all  the options to add the top cage are greyed out. I have attached a couple of screen shots. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately this is a limitation of Advance Steel. At this point a top cage can only exist if the Ladder Exit is set to "straight".

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

What I would do in your scenario is model the Cage Ladder with the intelligent Macro to as close to your requirements as possible. You will then need to add the top cage in by manually modelling in this part of the Cage Ladder. The best way to do this would be to use AutoCAD Lines and Arcs in the correct locations. Then use the "Beam from Line" to convert these to the required flat sections.

4.jpg

You can then use the "merge Beams " to merge the seperate parts into one beam and weld this onto the Cage Ladder.

5.jpg

Hopefully Autodesk will add this capability to the Cage Ladder Macro in the near future.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for your quick response, I will have an attempt at what you described.

Its just a pity you cant complete some of these standards details without some form of manipulation. 

These types of vertical ladder are common and are taken from most European codes.

Many thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report