Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfolded Plate With Features

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
suicidedoors
242 Views, 2 Replies

Unfolded Plate With Features

Hey community, I have a question about editing my features on a bent plate. Can I only see the features when the plate is bent or is there a way that I don't know about to show features with the plate unfolded? I would like to edit my features when the plate is unfolded in plan view for better accuracy and speed.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

If you use the unfold view in the model and then create the feature, you see the green frame, but this is only be shown by creating the feature. If you change the view to maybe Standard and then back to unfold, the green frame will not be shown 😞

This is a wish for a few days...or month...or maybe years 😄

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 3

Hi,

AS is not made for what you want. Any feature that includes the folded relation (the corner) can not get handled correctly if it is not orthogonal to the axis of the folded relation. If you have a cut that is inclined to this axis, the result will be a warped surface in the other state. (folded->unfolded, unfolded -> folded).

AS is not using the socalled solid modeller that could create such surfaces. he best that can get created with AS is a approximation to such surfaces that consists of an addition of tiny boxes.

HTH,

Christian Blei
CBT Christian Blei Tools
christianblei.de
youtube.com/channel/UCxjA_NbeScQy9C0Z1xjwXpw

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report