Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of AS settings error

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
johan.lotzN5C9R
465 Views, 8 Replies

Transfer of AS settings error

Hi All

I use the following guideline to transfer Advance steel settings between our pcs in the office.

How to transfer all Advance Steel settings between two computers | Advance Steel 2019 | Autodesk Kno...

1/14 pcs this just won't work. If I rename the default installed (GBR) folder to (GBR Installed) and copy over the new folder, it does not read to the folder. I get the following error when opening Advance Steel:

johanlotzN5C9R_1-1670328921562.png

If I delete the copied GBR folder and fix the renamed folder to GBR this message does not appear and obviously I have none of my settings. Even tried to do n straight copy and replace of the master folder but it does not work same error.

Any help would be great.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

do you delete the ldf files before starting AS

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 9

Hi @Sebastian_Eiche 

Yes, I deleted the ASSettings_User.xml & *_log.ldf files.

Message 4 of 9

Do you have a look in the error log? 

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 5 of 9

Hi @Sebastian_Eiche 

See attached the Error log.

I have uninstalled the program again, manually deleted the advance steel folder with all the previous year folders also.

Reinstalled the software, did not open anything.

Did the rename of GBR to (GBR Installed)

Copied the GBR that I want to use.

Ensured there is no xml or log files prior to opening the program.

I even ensure that the database is closed via task manager. (see below)

johanlotzN5C9R_0-1670483309139.png

Strangely after I done all of this, and I delete my GBR that I copied and fix the original GBR name. It works instantly.

Message 6 of 9

Your Advance Steel want to connect to the wrong databases. 

This is your error:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

In the article there's the part with "repair"...this is not possbile anymore (good idea from AD 😒) but kyou could delete the file and replace it with the xml from my attached zip file.

File to delete: ASSettings_Advance.xml

Folder: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2023\ADVS

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 7 of 9

Hi,

I would also check all the file access rights. Make sure the new GBR folder and all files and folders within have a user called "Everyone" with Full Access granted. If not you can get problems. Add the user if missing and make sure it is applied correctly to all contents.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Sebastian_Eiche 

Thank you for taking time with this very helpful information, but it did not solve any of my issues.

Message 9 of 9

Thank You Very much @AleckGiles.

This solved the problem.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report