Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toggle / switch buttons (numbering,bolts,cross sections) images not changing but tools work.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
vinnieb
428 Views, 2 Replies

Toggle / switch buttons (numbering,bolts,cross sections) images not changing but tools work.

Hey all, 

We updated to 21 last week and noticed none of the switch/toggle buttons on the ribbon actually change images upon clicking anymore. The tools do still work as I can see the change in the toolbar. 

I've tested quite a few things to find the issue, including trying solutions I've found from searching this forum.

None of it worked for me. I've even used repair. When I repaired all the AS tools on the ribbon turned into question marks inside little clouds. The autocad tools worked fine though. 

I've also tried restoring the default CUI files that come with AS21 installation. No luck on that test.

Reinstalling from scratch on a test computer here in the office does not seem to work either.

So finally my question: Does anyone know how to manually fix this or is it just a broken setting inside a dll file somewhere that has been overlooked in the hotfixes? Or possibly any solutions I may have overlooked?

The commands seem to be:  

Numbering toggle   _AstM5ShowMFCToolbar (located on the output ribbonpart marks panel)

Bolt type _AstM5ShowMFCToolbarHB  (located on the home ribbon-objects panel, and on the objects ribbon-switch panel) 

Cross section  _AstM5ShowMFCToolbarRM (located on the objects ribbon-switch panel) 

Thanks for any input!

Advance Steel user since 2008
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnjmbennett
in reply to: vinnieb

Hi Vinnie,

try taking at look at this AKN, may help, guess it’s because of migration:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

i did run a quick google search, it came up with several solutions, think the AKN comes from this post:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/advance-steel-forum/switch-bolt-type/td-p/8693681

happy new year to you guys over there.

cheers

JB

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
vinnieb
in reply to: johnjmbennett

Thanks for the input John.

Unfortunately none of those worked for me. 

I did some more testing though and am still at a loss.

-Did a fresh install on my personal laptop that has never had any Advance steel versions on it and the toggles worked.

-Did a fresh install on another computer that had an older version of AS and the toggles didn't work.

Seems to be something with not just migration but when an older version is simply on the computer. 

So I made a copy of the CUI files from the fresh install that worked and copied them to my work computer and all the icons on the ribbon turned into question marks. I give up for now. Maybe someone will come along in the future with a fix.

Anyway,

thanks John! Hope all is well on your side of the planet and Happy new year to you too!!

Advance Steel user since 2008

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report