Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

template list change

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
eyal.ch
538 Views, 14 Replies

template list change

Hi everyone,

As you can see in the pic., I made a part list using the template:

how do I :

1. change the Remark text to be drawing number?

2. add a column to the table that will show a date for each item.

3. add a column to the table that will show a revision for each item.

Is there a way to show a date and a revision to the table that every time that I make the list with updates it will update the table according to the date of change and give revision to the change?

If somebody could make this table and send to me it will be great, I'm messing for a lot of time trying to do it for vain.

thank you/

eyalch_0-1673851779415.png

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
bigcarl5000kg
in reply to: eyal.ch

Hi @eyal.ch ,

first, please learn something about BOM basics: https://youtu.be/WI2SJMcbXs4

+++ impossible immediately and miracles within 3 days +++
+++ the only constant is the change +++ stay tuned for more +++
+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
Message 3 of 15
eyal.ch
in reply to: bigcarl5000kg

Hi @bigcarl5000kg ,

I know this video, I followed its steps, but the Remark text isn't change, only the drawing number and the company logo.

Also I don't know how can I add another 2 columns to the table that will show the daye and the revision of each part.

Message 4 of 15
bigcarl5000kg

Right click on a cell in the BOM editor and specify or change the content. Define the corresponding token. Attention, tokens only work in certain parts of the editor (header / footer).

Insert a new field, edit or copy an existing one, edit. It's like excel. Just don't click ESC 😁😉.You can find a lot of help with editing and creation on YouTube, Autodesk or Graitec.

+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
Message 5 of 15
bigcarl5000kg

As always, I highly recommend the basic and advanced course for Advance Steel, you really can't skip the basics.

Message 6 of 15
eyal.ch

Hi @bigcarl5000kg ,

I already did the course of Advance steel.

Message 7 of 15
bigcarl5000kg

Basic course is a must, advantage course (drawings and BOMs) I can only recommend 😉

Message 8 of 15
bigcarl5000kg

Here some docs: see attachment

Message 9 of 15
bigcarl5000kg

Self-study is the best way to understand complicated obstacles 😉😁

Message 10 of 15
eyal.ch

Hi @bigcarl5000kg ,

That's exatly what I do. Do you think that I reached my level in advance steel from the course I took? the answer is no, the course was very dull.

My collogue thought me everything in advance steel, and now I can take out huge projects:

this is only part of what I do.

2023-01-17_08h49_37.png

But now I want to adjust the output to the regulation that my company wants to get, that's why I want to add additional columns and want to combine bolts so they will not have to send a lot of types, if the bolts will be a little longer but will be the same as the other it will save mistakes on site.

I hope I made myself clear.

All my studies of advance steel, Revit, AutoCAD and a lot more is self taught.

Thank you

Message 11 of 15
bigcarl5000kg

Hi @eyal.ch,

👍

Message 12 of 15
eyal.ch

Yes I'm aware of it, and that's why I want to know if there is a way to change the bolts to specific length.

I know how to filter the specific bolt length but after I search for them and checked that there is no interference or collision with other parts I want to change all the selected bolts in once to a specific length.

Now I have to filter the bolts and then go one by one and change their length.

Can I change of them in once?

thank you

Message 13 of 15
bigcarl5000kg

Select such bolts, right click and edit the grip length increase (add some plus value to get longer bolt(s), add some minus value for shoter bolt(s)

Message 14 of 15
eyal.ch

thank you. Solved.

Message 15 of 15
AleckGiles

Hi,

Instead of editing the bolts to consolifdate and reduce the number of differnet bolt lengths needed, why not edit the length rules in the Bolt Editor in Managemnt Tools? Then the system will automatically use fewer different lengths in the first place. For example change the rules to use 10mm increments on bolt lengths instead of 5mm increments and you will get half the different nubmer of lengths in your model. Clash checking will be based on the actual lengths too.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report