Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split beams gone missing from updated plans

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
SerhanB
352 Views, 3 Replies

Split beams gone missing from updated plans

Hello,

For one of the structures we are working on I produced a roof plan and a separate 3D view. Then in the model, I split a set of beams and added a beam to beam connection. When I update the roof plan I see that modified beams are no longer exists on the drawing. However in updated 3D view beams shown correctly.

Do you have any idea why this error happens and how to overcome it? (AS 2019)

Thanks

BeforeBeforeAfterAfter

Serhan BAKIR
http://www.stand.com.tr/
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: SerhanB

what detail style do you use? 
If you use a overview detail style for selected parts, then this is a normal behavior. Because by split a beam, two new beam will be created and this new beam are not implemented in the old selection. 

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 4
SerhanB
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

Hi Sebastian_Eiche,

You hit the point! I'm using a style with selection (Russian version) so as you said selection set no longer contains new elements... Is there a way to update the selected parts as well before drawing update?

Serhan BAKIR
http://www.stand.com.tr/
Message 4 of 4
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: SerhanB

no sorry there's no option to add something.
If you use a detail style without selection all new parts will be shown. So it's always better to create a detail and then delete the things which should not be seen. Then the detail will always show new parts.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report