Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spiral stair BENT PICKETS TO TREAD

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
h.kh
507 Views, 4 Replies

Spiral stair BENT PICKETS TO TREAD

Hi There

I have a custom spiral stairs to model  , As you see in attached file , the posts should bend under tread (4")and support it. My question is what is the easiest way to do that I can do it one by one and its very hard to adjust ucs for each of them and from AST tool pallet using FEATURE TAB then MITER. 

But I think there should be easier way to make bend at the end of a pip. 

Appreciate any help and idea.  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
markhubrich
in reply to: h.kh

Without looking at it the first thing that came to mind was Polar array. Since spiral stairs treads run dimension is equal like typical stair but angle rotation. You could create your bent picket at the first tread then polar array with a rise in Z value for each. Your angle between the nosings rotated around the center should work. Make sure you set the object to rotate also in the array settings. 

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 3 of 5
markhubrich
in reply to: markhubrich

It works pretty well. I didn't have success with acad polar array but AS polar array in the tool pallet works good. Here's an example where I made one tread with pickets and did an array on that.  I made a screencast too but it'll be a bit before it's done processing...

spiral.JPG

Message 4 of 5
markhubrich

here it is. Obviously fiction values etc. but enough to get the point across 🙂 

Message 5 of 5
h.kh

thank you very much MARK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report