Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single and Assembly Part Mark was changed after Updating the model

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
arunvivinjoe
164 Views, 1 Reply

Single and Assembly Part Mark was changed after Updating the model

Hi everyone,I have problem in numbering in Advance steel and they are,

1.After Completing the model, I run numbering it perfects assigns number to every objects  and if i revise any object and redo numbering it assigns different part mark to the revised object.It creates some confusion in my fabrication team because i want to mention that revised object with same numbering.Please suggest the method to retain the same number for both single part mark and Assembly Part Mark.

2.I want to know that Whether AS have some features that shows what are the revisions made in an object if I revise that object's Length,Member size etc.,? in the drawings.

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @arunvivinjoe,

please have a look in Management Tools / Defaults / Numbering, there are  several settings, which affects the numbering behavior during updating / changes. Test the changes for these settings, maybe can this help. 

It is possible that you need to restart Advance Steel for some changes.

For the revision process, have a look eg. here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM6W-2P4pqU

+++ impossible immediately and miracles within 3 days +++
+++ the only constant is the change +++ stay tuned for more +++
+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report