Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show red lines only

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
462 Views, 3 Replies

Show red lines only

Hi,

Is there a way to show only red lines of my beams?
or a command that make Autocad lines from beams?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: Anonymous

What do you want to do?

You could filter all beams... right mouse button...Advance property...then have a look in the view styles. There's one called symbol, which only show the system line and a little bit of the beam. But this is not only the system lines.

The question is, for what reason do you want to use it. In the most cases the users ask for this to transfer the model to another software. And therefore there are many other ways in the import/export tab.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

I need to attach the lines as external reference 

Because i create a Dynamo script that create beams from lines and then i should use the lines only,

Is there a way to create Autocad lines via dynamo and Advance steel?

Message 4 of 4
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: Anonymous

the dynamo add on for Advance Steel could be used with every command. 
By creating beams, you had to set coordinates for the start and Endpoint, so the part of creating lines should be work without problems. But I'm not so familiar with Dynamo

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report