Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Numbers When Using Drawing Process

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kyle
1666 Views, 4 Replies

Sheet Numbers When Using Drawing Process

Is there a way to specify what I want my page numbers to be when using the drawing process manager to make shop drawings? 

For example:  Right now when I plot a sheet of columns the sheet number is "002".  This makes my column prefixes 002 as well.  If I edit the sheet number after the sheet is made, the column prefixes do not change.  Is there a way to set the process manager to start at "1" instead of "001" so that all of my parts don't have unnecessary zeros in them? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DumitruBerteanu
in reply to: kyle

The drawing number set by automatic drawing creationg through a process is created based on the following settings:

- Start number for the drwaing numbers default found in Management Tools / Defaults / Drawing - General category. With this you can also use the increment valu. 

The start drawing can also be set individually when using a process, in the Process properties dialog.

- %Flat token used in the process file name creator. This token is required in the drawings name to ensure an unique filename assignament, and is used to display the drawing number. The token has a value following it between brackets, which represents the number of leading zeros it can have. By default is configured with 3 %Flat(3), so if the drawing number starts at 1, you will obtain 001, 002 etc, and once it passes 4 digits, it will display 1000, 1001 etc (so no leading zeros). To obtain 1, 2...10,11....100,101 etc, you need to set it to value 1.

To make this modification, open Drawing Process Manager, go to a process in User category (those can be user modified), and go to the Properties dialog of "FileName selector" setting. Here you can find the Drawing Name configuration box, where you "write" with the help of tokens and user text the file name this process will assign during use. Add or modify the %Flat token with the values mentioned above.

Dumitru Berteanu
Product Owner
Message 3 of 5
aelmay
in reply to: kyle

hi,try this

Message 4 of 5

Dear Experts,

(I don't know it is relevant to ask here or not) But

Is there any way to call particular (customized/inbuilt) Tokens value /Attributes value from any other text file in the Model folder of Advance Steel? That could help us

How many such %Flat Tokens supported ? can we call these values onto already prepared sheets from the dedicated text file (kept in predefined location in the model folder)anyhow ?

Sanjoy Nath
BIM Manager And Digital Lead (Structures Online)
BOOST, AR , VR ,EPM,IFC API,PDF API , CAD API ,Revit API , Advance Steel API
Founder of Geometrifying Trigonometry(C)
Message 5 of 5

the question is: What do want to do?

The prototype could be changed, and therefore we could use a few attributes. The list and the "to-do" is here: AS help

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report