Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Pack for AS 2015 or Hotfixes in the near future?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
cad
Advocate
1272 Views, 8 Replies

Service Pack for AS 2015 or Hotfixes in the near future?

Hello,

will there be a Service Pack fpr Advance Steel in the near future?

We reported a lot of bugs to Graitec and Autodesk but nothing happend. Some bugs were confirmed by Autodesk.

How long we have to wait? AS 2015 was released in April!

Regards 

Jörg Seyffert

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: cad

In addition to this I'm wondering when we will start to see some news on the Graitec "Productivity Power Apps" that bolt on to Advance Steel to increase functionality for the end user?

Regards

Geoff Martin

Message 3 of 9
HugoMichaud
in reply to: Anonymous

Graitec Power Pack should be release in the next few weeks. Stay tune! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 9
cad
Advocate

I don't unstand Autodesk. They know the product (Advance Steel) has a lot of bugs. For their "own" product Autocad are servicepacks available.

But not for Advance Steel. WHY? We use the this software not for fun, we have to do our work with it.

In the past Graitec released 2 or more servicepacks for every version of Advance steel and a lot of hotfixes.

Where is a statement of an Autodesk offical?

Regards

Jörg Seyffert

Message 5 of 9
marceuheinzmann

I agree with you Joerg! There are many bugs and Autodesk doesn't fix them!Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 9
FProcp

There's some information on an Advance Steel upgrade to 2015.1 here:

New in Advance Steel 2015.1

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/...

Franco
GMT +08:00
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: FProcp

It would appear that version 2015.1 is now available for download from the subscription centre.

There are different versions to suit Advance Steel & Advance Steel including AutoCad.

I have tried all installation combinations using my original serial number & product key 958G2 for the version including AutoCad, but no joy with a successful installation as yetSmiley Sad It bombs out at the end with a message saying that an updated version is already installed. I've given up for the time being.

Post here if anyone sucessfully manages to get 2015.1 installed! Best way may be to uninstall old version & start from scratch but that is not really an option for most individuals.

Geoff.

Message 8 of 9
cad
Advocate
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

the installation of Advance 2015.1 was successful. Some functions are new, but most oft the bugs from the 2015 version are not fixed, for example a problem with manual labels.

I think this is not a service pack, only a new version with a lot of old bugs. And perhaps some new bugs?!

Before you install 2015.1 turn off your Antivirus and your firewall and  start the installation as an adminstrator. You can install the new version and keep the old on the same computer.

Regards Joerg

Message 9 of 9
muleman1

does the help menu function properly 

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report