Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting an Assembly (Welded Parts)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
will5L99Z
1775 Views, 4 Replies

Selecting an Assembly (Welded Parts)

Apologies for the basic request.

I have moved from Tekla over to AS2020.

I have welded up a steel frame Assembly, and was wondering how you select the assembly item to move all parts at once? 

Thanks,

Will

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: will5L99Z

In the Advance Tool palette, in the second category, there's a command for 'mark all shop connected elements' this should mark the assembly. After this you could use the command for 'select marked objects' and then it could be moved as one. 

Here's a thread in the forum for custom commands, maybe you have a look in this. You  could create your own commands by combining some standalone commands. If I remember correct, this is already posted there and you had only copy it and add this to your palette.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: will5L99Z

Hi.

4 - The first is to select the assembly with all sub assembly that are connected and with the second select a sub assembly.
The one you choose will ask you to select a piece of the sub assembly and enter (it will show in red all those that are connected to that piece)

5. You click on that icon and you will select all those that were previously shaded.
Greetings.

Postscript: My English is not very good.

Message 4 of 5
will5L99Z
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

Thanks Sebastian, that worked perfectly.

Have a good day.

Message 5 of 5
will5L99Z
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks Christian, Sebastian has a command that works perfectly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report