Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select in model and visible drawing view in document manager

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
vuongbui.nuce
337 Views, 4 Replies

Select in model and visible drawing view in document manager

hi everyone,

i have a problem when i work with big project. i have many assemblies and single parts. when i need print some assemblies i have to select each drawing add to batch print, easy to get misstake. Can we have a way to select one beam in model and mark drawing (assembly or single part ) for that beam? easy to control model and drawing? thanks for your answer.

vuongbuinuce_0-1686889919359.png

Labels (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi @vuongbui.nuce,

you can't select a drawing via model. What you can only see in the model is which drawing contains which main / single parts - whether via Document Manager or via Model Browser.

Single parts in Model Browser:

bigcarl5000kg_1-1686892720816.png

Main parts in Model browser:

bigcarl5000kg_0-1686892612485.png

If you have reasonably named drawings (definition in processes), then you will not have a problem with printing, regardless of whether via batch plot or publishing (open as many drawings as you need and then use PUBLISH to print them in the required format at once). Try changing the order of the information in the name of the drawing so that you can see them sorted in the Document manager, that might help for your case. 

Unfortunately, Advance Steel cannot create and operate with subassemblies, which would be the best.

+++ impossible immediately and miracles within 3 days +++
+++ the only constant is the change +++ stay tuned for more +++
+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
Message 3 of 5

... and you can still open the single / main part / GA drawing via right click on part and select what you need to open...

+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
Message 4 of 5

in fact by this way, my problem be solved. But if Dev team of Ads can select a drawing via model. it could be nice!

Message 5 of 5

Advance Steel is since May 2023 in "Maintenance mode"… no further changes / error and bug removal / new functions in a new version

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report