Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: graphical distortion of models

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Manav_Singh_Chauhan
466 Views, 4 Replies

Re: graphical distortion of models

Hi! Everyone,

I am having an issue with the graphics of my model in a newly installed advance steel.

i5(5th gen) equivalent AMD Processor.

8gb ram

AMD graphic card with shared memory in ram.

and in the attached file you can see the distorted lines in the model are occurring and these lines are not related to anything in the model.

if anybody faced this or knows about its solution then please reply ASAP.

Thanks in advance.New Bitmap Image (2).jpg

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Check the exact model of the Graphic Card against the below list.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/certified-graphics-hardware

Also look at the hardware acceleration option. Maybe tick this off and see of there is any change. 

Hardward Acceleration.png

The face of the BIM game | Former Autodesk Expert Elite | YouTuber | Lego Builder | Monaghan Man | Some Can, Some Cant
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the quick response. It is highly appreciated, well i ticked off the hardware acceleration and now its working fine.

Thanks Again

@múinteoirwrote:

Check the exact model of the Graphic Card against the below list.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/certified-graphics-hardware

Also look at the hardware acceleration option. Maybe tick this off and see of there is any change. 

Hardward Acceleration.png

Message 4 of 5

Toggling that off is more of a diagnostic step than a solution.  It usually indicates there's a problem with the graphics system (it sounds like you're using on-chip graphics?), which is frequently solved with updating the driver.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5

Hi!

Actually, this was the first time that I encountered this sort of distortion of models as it never happened on my system that is the reason I had no idea of it, in the beginning I thought that it has something with the graphic card configuration of his system, and the moment Jonathan replied I was looking at the same tab and doing the exact same thing and then Jonathan's reply made me confirmed on this one.

Well, thanks for your views, and yes "I don't know" made me learn many things. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report