Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

railing pickets handrail guardrail

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
muleman1
550 Views, 1 Reply

railing pickets handrail guardrail

Ok, I'm trying to accomplish the most simple step. We are modeling simple, simple guard rails and we want the pickets 4" on center. I have 5 rails to detail and have successfully corrected the first two after 1-1/2 hours and 6ft of adding machine paper. This should not be difficult, huh. In the attached pic you see the option "max distance for pickets" and 'distance from post'. My question is who cares about the distance from the post as long as it isn't larger than local code allows? I want the centerline distances on the pickets to be 4" (not a max of 4", this allows variances in a direction we cannot have variances... i.e. code req'mts) ....why is this so difficult...am I overlooking the obvious? Is there a hidden setting somewhere deep in the bowels of the program?  Also, we cannot change the bottom rail to a difference size...i.e. the two top rails are 1/4 x 2 flat and we need the bottom to be 1/2 x 2 flat.  this SO frustrating. Where are the fixes @joerg.seyffert is asking about ?????? What is Autodesk quiet ????

PICKETS.jpg

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alickomay
in reply to: muleman1

im think the only way to change botom rail  (or second midel rail as  AS see it)  is to delt the joint box when u have finesh evey thing els then select all botom rail and rite clik advance propertiys  change size

vertiacal bar  

i think audodesk need to add a we  tike box next to "2-max distens "  that ses make driven

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report