Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Railing Macro Improvements

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
markhubrich
439 Views, 4 Replies

Railing Macro Improvements

Am I missing it? Can you community pros please confirm? 

1. Loop return cut to face of post(Red mark). I don't see anywhere to specify overhang to allow cope, like Blue mark.

copedreturn.png

2. I don't see an option to infill these cantilever sections of rail. (shown marked Blue) Red pickets show process of me adding them.

railpicketsmissing.png

3.  It seems Autodesk thinks that nobody uses Anchors on railings. Only bolts are available as far as I can see. My <magicword>workaround</magicword> was to create some bolts that mock anchors I need. Is there another way?

railnoanchors.png

If these things are proven missing functionality then they should be incorporated. 😄

Mark

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Labels (8)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
acbsdesign
in reply to: markhubrich

Hi @markhubrich 

You are not alone.

It is amazing how AS is supposed to be the leader for misc. metals detailing, but somehow, whoever was the genius from Graitec, made sure it is INCOMPLETE.

Please post in this idea that summarizes similar issues or  insert a link:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/advance-steel-ideas/railing-macro-improvements-added-items-and-summar... 

Happy December (the renewal period)

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this makes it easier for other users.

Regards,
Ilko Dimitrov, IDC-1, M. Eng.
Tekla and Advance Steel Detailer
ACBS Structural Steel Detailing

If it is made of steel, I can model it and detail it.

acbs-usa.com | Helpful Place

Message 3 of 5
markhubrich
in reply to: acbsdesign

I can call myself "The Leader in Steel Fabrication Period" and publicly announce, "I am the best!". Every commercial on TV has those claims too. 99.9% of bacteria gets killed! 😂 The biggest loophole ever, .01% can be whatever bacteria other than the listed claimed as affected. 

Too political for my taste. Simply put, I'll stand on my desk, key up the intercom, and shout, "Just give me the tools which enable me glorious detailing!!!!" Under my breath as I get yanked off my desk by a co worker I mumble, "And fix the KISS file issues."  Naturally. 😄 

Mark

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 4 of 5
Totec_MW

As far as the coping is concerned, I think it's just the 'exact cut' that you are looking for. That is the case with mine anyway. I can't upload a screenshot of the dialogue right now for some unknown reason so I've done a screencast but that is still processing. Seems the Autodesk servers are having a rest!

I can't offer you anything useful with the pickets or the anchors I'm afraid. I had a similar but opposite issue yesterday when I wanted to use the connection at the bottom of a stair stringer to connect to a steel member, but there are only anchors available in the macro.

Message 5 of 5
Totec_MW

[edit] double post deleted!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report