Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query: Assembly and their shop attached bolts?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Julio_Soto
374 Views, 8 Replies

Query: Assembly and their shop attached bolts?

I have a large assembly I'm detailing. I can't fit all of this on a single sheet, and AS has no way of doing this OOTB. So I created some Model Boxes and I'm using them as Cameras.  In the camera setting for object selection I want to use a query for this assembly to mak it easier to update the details in the future if need be. The query is almost working, it isolates all the parts of the assembly, but it wont isolate the rivnuts (Bolts) that are shop attached to them. So right now I'm creating a 2nd query for rivnuts, but this isolates all the rivnuts. It works in my case because the model box does not include rivnuts of other parts. I'd like to do the isolation with 1 query not 2.

The query is set up like this

Objects

Julio_Soto_0-1725720428730.png

Number

Julio_Soto_1-1725720525862.png

My gut tells me this wont work because I don't see an assembly property in the bolt properties. 

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Emanuel.Nestor
in reply to: Julio_Soto

Hi @Julio_Soto,

Thank you for posting on Advance Steel Forum 🙂

Could you try using the "Bolts --> Assembly location" property to filter to bolts on shop:

EmanuelNestor_0-1725970706360.png

Does it work for you?

Best regards,
Emy

Emy Nestor
Message 3 of 9
Julio_Soto
in reply to: Emanuel.Nestor

it does not work for me, does it work for you?

Message 4 of 9
Emanuel.Nestor

Hi @Julio_Soto 

Please see the attached test model (AS 2025). I have defined a Search Filter / Query for the Bolts - On Shop.

It works fine on my side.

Can you please test it on your side?

Thanks
Emy

Emy Nestor
Message 5 of 9
Julio_Soto

any chance you can do this in AS2023? I haven't made the move to 2025 yet. Maybe next year with 2026.

Or export the query and attach that?

Message 6 of 9
Emanuel.Nestor

Hi @Julio_Soto 

Please see the attached model in AS 2023.

Does it work?

Emy

Emy Nestor
Message 7 of 9
Julio_Soto

I see what you're talking about, but maybe you misunderstood me. Yes, the query for bolts in shop works just fine.  The problem I'm having is I want one query for a specific assembly and the attached bolts. 

As it is I have to have 2 queries, and the one for bolt in shop isolates all bolts on all assemblies, not just the one I want to isolate.

Message 8 of 9
Julio_Soto

So I dont' see in the model anywhere where the bolt has a property of "Assembly Mark", so I don't think I can filter for that beam, but this is weird because AS obviously knows when a bolt is attached to a part for assembly drawings.

Anyway, the only way I could find to get this to work is to enter any information into the user attributes and filter for that. It's not ideal, but it works, and I only need to do it when my assemblies will not fit on one page.

Message 9 of 9

these the same numbers for different models?
You could combine the filtersearch and command for selecting the connection elements to one command. 
But this is only useable if you want to use this for many models.

Sebastian_Eiche_0-1726047977630.png

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report