Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purlin shoe for 2 purlins

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ignaciomcabrera
310 Views, 5 Replies

Purlin shoe for 2 purlins

Hi !!

When I applied the "Purlin shoe for 2 purlins - bolted" connection, it's pull the purlin down (-z offset), I've no idea why this happening. I need the purlin justified at it's bottom on the beam.

Any suggestion??

ignaciomcabrera_0-1682628025218.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hello.
How were your purlins in alignment with the beam before you ran the command?
Perhaps it has something to do with the position of the purlins relative to the beam.
I did a test here and this "error" presented by you did not occur.

Message 3 of 6

Thanks willian

They were aligned at it's bottom. I've broken the connection box for customize the purlins lenght at 12m which is the commercial lenght so in that way I can extract the real BOM for worksite, maybe this is happening because of that.

See part of file attached

Message 4 of 6

I couldn't open the file as I only have version 22.
If the span between beams is the same as the standard length you want, there is no need to blow out the connection box.

It's strange behavior. I really don't know what you could have done to make this happen.

Message 5 of 6

Hi,

Every single beam and member in your model is a custom user section. Is that really necessary? Can you not use standard angles and such for most of the members at least? If you must use custom sections then nobody else will have ttem when opening your model.

Please open your model, click Tools > Tools > Store Used Data to store all custom data inside the DWG file and save. Then upload the model again so we can take a look at it.

In the meantime, I have never heard of any joint changing any properties of the beams they are applied to. I really don't think that is possible. Check the Positioning tab for your purlin properties and see if it has changed.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn
Message 6 of 6

Please open your model, click Tools > Tools > Store Used Data to store all custom data inside the DWG file, and save. You can check it out here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators