Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Propagate Connection

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ignacio_castilloCH4RN
224 Views, 3 Replies

Propagate Connection

i'm encountering a problem when trying to propagate a connection, it selects/connects the secondary beam in some cases, why is this? is there a primary/secondery switch button?? what i'm a doing wrong?

ignacio_castilloCH4RN_0-1704755868258.png

when i propagate this happens..

ignacio_castilloCH4RN_1-1704756016278.png

ignacio_castilloCH4RN_2-1704756066807.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

the propagate tool have a look for identical beams which are visible and have the same geometry.
In you case the order of selecting the beams is not working correct, because they are the same and the software dioesn't know which is the mainbeam (how should it know?)
the propagte tool is also looking for the modelrole, so for having a better result try to give the mainbeam a role which, then it will work

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for you reply i'll keep in mind the model role, another question is.. why are connection boxes in blue when propagating?? the connection is fine/properly copied, is there a meaning to it? 

ignacio_castilloCH4RN_0-1704838465520.png

Message 4 of 4

if there're blue boxes, there should be a message box before...something like "the copied joints have different geometric situation, should these be included the group or not" 
And if you decide, to let them part of them group, the boxes are blue. this means the joints you propagte are in the group but they have a geometrical difference to the original one

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report