Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projection View

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
hisyamuddin.chong
576 Views, 8 Replies

Projection View

hi all,

how to change/modify existing projection view into standard first angle projection view.

pro.PNG 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

if you create mainpart structures by numbering, the heaviest element wil automaticaly the mainpart in your weld structure. In your case the plate. This is relevant for detailing!

But you can influence it by using the define assembly detailing direction. Change the UCS with Z in this dirction you like to look on mainpart.

2.jpg

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users
Karsten Bork
Mensch und Maschine acadGraph GmbH
Message 3 of 9

Dear Karsten_Bork,

Thanks for the sharing, yeah after apply the UCS on object, it become more arranged (like pic 1). But still not fulfill my requirement which is i want the projection view arrangement  are in first angle projection view (european standard). I already change the model box and view arrangement in drawing style manager but there is no respond from the changes parameter. Unless i manually adjust the view. (this is plate assembly)

PIC1.PNG

Message 4 of 9

You may need to look at the automatic setting in the management tools for view arrangement, the style is possible set to reference this, look under ‘automatic views’, it gives options in drop down menu.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU...

Also also as previously stated the plate rather than the beam is the main part, so this is influencing the source style chosen.

you can change the main part to the beam , but using the ‘define main part’ button, but you then need to renumber, as the beam will not be main part and different prefix and number value.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU...

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9

Hi,

I think you use the english international Advance Steel version, so the default should be the ISO (European) Standard. Please check this like John wrote. But this setting does not change your requirements this works only, if you have settings in drawing style manager all views of automatic.

5.jpg

You have to change the drawing styles, but you need to be very careful, because if you are untrained you can destroy your drawing styles. Please, before you will do some changes in drawing styles, safe your database AstorAddIn.mdf in folder: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Advance Steel 2020\ENG\User2\Data 

Before you cahnge somthing make a copy of you drawing style but not a deep copy:

7.jpg

After you make a copy of Beam Front and Beam Top:

It´s important to make a copy of every drawing style regulation you want to change, because other drawing styles share regulations. 

7.jpg

Here you can see in drawing styles for English International is set in European standard. After copying you can change this for new drawing style.

8.jpg

I hope that will help you a little!

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users
Karsten Bork
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Karsten_Bork

Is this what you are after?projection.jpg

Message 7 of 9
Karsten_Bork
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

what kind of version of Advance Steel you use? An older than 2018?

Karsten Bork
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Karsten_Bork

I use AS2020 Australian release, I can switch between 1st and 3rd angle. Sounds like it is not in International release.

Gary

Message 9 of 9
Karsten_Bork
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Gary,

yes, this is something special in Australian Installation. If I switch to Australian version I can see that. I think, that's the same but a little differently named.

Karsten Bork

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report