Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems to save BOM template

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
maebingerEX3UQ
313 Views, 4 Replies

Problems to save BOM template

Lately I can no longer save the parts list templates. If I change something, save it and then open it again, the change is not there.

Bevor changing

Bevor changing.jpg

Changing and save

Changing.jpg

After changing and open again

After save and open again.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

close BOM Editor, update database and try it again ... don't forget "don't press ESC" in BOM Editor, this will also cause unsaved changes

+++ impossible immediately and miracles within 3 days +++
+++ the only constant is the change +++ stay tuned for more +++
+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
Message 3 of 5

@maebingerEX3UQ This has been happening to me since day 1. The way I work around it is to delete the cell and replace it.  It's strange, it's not a file permission issue because it saves the changes after replacing the stubborn cells.

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 4 of 5

Yes, that's it.

Changing the cell contents is not enough. You actually have to delete and recreate them

Message 5 of 5

let us have a talk about the bom editor.

You have different fields here...some are just textfields, some field are "blocked" for changes. But this is not a a block, it's help for you (not a bug...a feature 😃

If you select a field, you could have allok on the right side in the property category "Data" here is the property "Tag":

Sebastian_Eiche_0-1722242659377.png

This "tag" means: this field will always be filled by a value of a database. You have to options to change this:

1. delete the content of the tag field and then you could change the field or insert what you want.
  2. understand the the tag content and change the database. The content in my example is "%%text(BOM,1), this means, that the errorcode "1" should be used for this field.
    If you open the Management Tools -->Table Editor--> open Database and filter for "error", you will find the "errormessages":
    Sebastian_Eiche_1-1722243039281.png

So the ErrorNumber "1" of the ErrorClass "BOM Template Prompts" will be used for this field. If you change the content in this Table, alls Templates which use this Tag content will be changed--> fast changes.
    You could also create new error messages to use them for own fields, which should be inserted in different BOM Templates.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report