Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polyline Trim

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
644 Views, 4 Replies

Polyline Trim

Seem to be having an issue with a current model.

I've been drawing polylines and trimming them to move parts to an exact location.

All of a sudden, only in this one model, my trim command refuses to trim the lines unless I have the lines selected.

While I can make this work, using the second function of the TRIM command with no objects selected is most beneficial for this task. Has anyone run into this before? Or perhaps it's a setting I am unaware of that I might have changed by accident?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ChristianBlei
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

can you upload a drawing that shows what you want to do? What to trim and the result?

br,

Christian Blei
CBT Christian Blei Tools
christianblei.de
youtube.com/channel/UCxjA_NbeScQy9C0Z1xjwXpw
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ChristianBlei

Essentially, I just want to move a beam on top of another an exact distance that a polyline can determine.

Per this snip, usually the trim command with all objects selected as boundaries, I can trim this polyline at the system line of the shown beam. But for some reason I have lost this ability. It wont trim itself.

Message 4 of 5
ChristianBlei
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

If you set the parameter project either to "View" or to "Ucs" trim works the way you want it. It doesnot work if project is set to "None".

_.trim, "enter" for All, select the polyline where you want to trim  it. Bingo.

HTH,

Christian Blei
CBT Christian Blei Tools
christianblei.de
youtube.com/channel/UCxjA_NbeScQy9C0Z1xjwXpw
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ChristianBlei

Perfect! Many Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report