Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with gray joint boxes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
356 Views, 1 Reply

Please help with gray joint boxes

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if gray boxes are absolutely necessary to remain intact when generating assembly drawings for parts? Is there a way to create an intelligent joint when operating outside of the connection vault? 

The reason I ask is because we have a part that is a hinged plate assebly, one piece of DOM is welded to a column and the other to a plate, they're stacked up and through-bolted to create a hinge. We found a workaround by using the railing post connection, but it doesn't work if the piece is at an angle. 

Is there a way that I can create an intelligent joint weld between the DOM and the HSS? rather than simply putting a line, which doesn't seem to be responsive in any way? 

Here is the Hinged plate i'm talking about, I just want to stick it on the column. 

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: Anonymous

the gray boxes are not needed. The weld and bolts define if a part belongs to another. The definition shop/site will set up if two parts are workshop connected or not. 

So by defining this, the details are correct without the gray boxes.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report