Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plate Label order

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
greg.youngCXLLN
375 Views, 4 Replies

Plate Label order

Hi I have been trying to get the Plate Label to read for example

10PLx75x215

I don't want "Lg" at the end as it is plate not Flat Bar. I want it to be cut from 10Plate.

The order is all messed up, I have managed to get the Precision down to whole numbers... that was quite a mission. But the Order is wrong... should be "10PLx75x215" in that order. Is this possible in AS?

gregyoungCXLLN_0-1626211983014.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Try looking at the management tools > defaults,  use filter for plate name, you should see one for this, you can alter the combination of tokens and text.

Plate name
PLT%Thicknessx% Width
General name of a plate, e.g. used for editing the structured Bill-of-Materials.

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Hi @johnjmbennett , Thanks for replying,

Yes I have been trying that.... I don't know where %Length Lg is coming from... looking at this I shouldn't be getting Length at all... ?

gregyoungCXLLN_0-1626212808552.png

Message 4 of 5
iwafb
in reply to: greg.youngCXLLN

The length is coming from the labeling strategy. You need to edit the label content from the Annotation strategy of the drawing style manager...

iwafb_1-1626216443474.png

Message 5 of 5
iwafb
in reply to: iwafb

Or if you're manually inserting, edit the label content definition (by using "Change label" option when inserting label manually)...

Make sure you set "User" as the default first...

iwafb_0-1626218756622.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report