Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric properties

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
antonio_oliveiraG63JM
246 Views, 3 Replies

Parametric properties

Good afternoon everybody. I'm trying to configure some parts in advance steel so that they are automatically included with attributes. I modified the user 1 attribute to be the sapcode (Purchase code) but I cannot insert this attribute automatically.

How can I do this? Create a catalog item specification that when inserted already comes with the "SAPCODE"?

antonio_oliveiraG63JM_0-1722966502624.png

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

i have same problem, looking for solution 😀

Message 3 of 4

There's no out of the box solution for this. 
You could create each element, save it as dwg and use the blockpalette (checkbox for explode by insert) or you use 3rd party tools for this (for mapping based on a databse).

another could be to use the mapinterntoextern table of Advance Steel. This could be used for isnert automatic "external" fields for using them in the bom editor and details.

The mapping is used in general for a name mapping  (for example map a beam with the name HEB300 to HE300B), but it could also be used for such workflows.
Negativ point: you will not see this information in the model.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 4 of 4

It's really a shame that there is no built-in function like Plant 3D's "Spec Editor". But anyway, thanks a lot for the solution!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report