Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbering help please.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
daniel.tarnowski
326 Views, 3 Replies

Numbering help please.

In my attached model, there are (4) plates.  The two end plates have different single part numbers but the two side plates (sloped) share the same single part mark.  I have tried this using various numbering strategies.  While this is true from a geometry standpoint, they are two different plates when dxf'd out.  This is due to the attached parts that make up the assembly. 

I wish to have (2) separate sp marks that correspond to the .nc files that get created during a dxf out operation.  What are some methods of accomplishing this besides manually overwriting my part numbers? 

I think I am looking for something in the defaults that links sp numbering not only to geometry but also to the position in assembly, but have not found it yet.

Thank you for your suggestions.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@daniel.tarnowski wrote:

In my attached model, there are (4) plates.  The two end plates have different single part numbers but the two side plates (sloped) share the same single part mark.  I have tried this using various numbering strategies.  While this is true from a geometry standpoint, they are two different plates when dxf'd out.  This is due to the attached parts that make up the assembly. 

I wish to have (2) separate sp marks that correspond to the .nc files that get created during a dxf out operation.  What are some methods of accomplishing this besides manually overwriting my part numbers? 

I think I am looking for something in the defaults that links sp numbering not only to geometry but also to the position in assembly, but have not found it yet.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Hi, 

If we add user attribute, let's say No. 10 and tick the box, and add "Left" or any text, this will make SP different.

09 18 19-1.jpg

Regards.

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this makes it easier for other users.

Regards,
Ilko Dimitrov, IDC-1, M. Eng.
Tekla and Advance Steel Detailer
ACBS Structural Steel Detailing

If it is made of steel, I can model it and detail it.

acbs-usa.com | Helpful Place

Message 3 of 4

Thank you kindly sir!

Message 4 of 4

You are very welcome :), 

Have a great day.

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this makes it easier for other users.

Regards,
Ilko Dimitrov, IDC-1, M. Eng.
Tekla and Advance Steel Detailer
ACBS Structural Steel Detailing

If it is made of steel, I can model it and detail it.

acbs-usa.com | Helpful Place

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report