Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nonidentical frames

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
yahya.elzarif29
524 Views, 3 Replies

nonidentical frames

hello

I am having a project where the hangar is composed of non identical frames so i am having nonaligned columns neither beams with different slopes, so i am having a problem with drawing the purlins and bracing and their connections.

is their a solution for that? or i have to draw piece by piece and customize connections?

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The question is: how do you want to create it in real life?
Do you want to use spacer plate or something?  how should this look like in real (orthogonal beam or not?)

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 4

the question is: how to let advance steel draw bracing and purlins with this case?

Message 4 of 4

the bracings are set by the UCS, so just set it correct maybe by using the UCS by 3 Points.

But purlins are created in one level, if you want to have beams between these objects, you had to place beams...one by one (and here too...according to the UCS)

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report