Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Revision in the Document Manager

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
AhmadAAS78
467 Views, 9 Replies

New Revision in the Document Manager

Hello,

I'm encountering issues updating the revision for the entire list of drawings in the Document Manager. Despite highlighting multiple drawings, sometimes only one is updated. I've tried closing and reopening ADS several times. Although it worked for a few more drawings, the problem persists for the remianing.

Is there a known bug causing this issue?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

no there're not already known issues for this behavior. What version do you use? Do you save on local folder or server folderpath?
could you try to save your modell on your local Documents folder? 
There could be problem with Reading/writing permissions for specific folders

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 10

Hi Seb,

thank you for your reply. 

I'm using version 2024.

Yes, I work on the Dropbox server, and I've been doing so for the past three years without any issues. I attempted another job on Dropbox, and it worked fine.

Strange!!

Message 4 of 10

Hi Seb,

In addition to that, when I finished creating the drawings and checked for duplicates, it indicated that there were some. So, I requested to delete them, but unfortunately, it deleted all drawings.

ADS seems to be behaving unexpectedly. Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks 

Message 5 of 10

this sounds a bit strange. Could you please try to safe it local, just clarify if this is a problem of the dropbox.

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 6 of 10

Seb, initially, when I copied the job to the local disk, I faced the same issue. However, after attempting multiple times, it eventually worked without any problems.

Regarding the numbering method, I'm using SP1000 & MP1, but the drawings are not arranged based on their assembly order; instead, they are ordered by their drawing numbers. How can I organize them based on assembly numbers?

Thanks.

Message 7 of 10

Sorting in Document Manager could be set by right click in the details area, but I think there was no option for sort by MPNumber.

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 8 of 10

thanks Seb,

It's perplexing that the problem surfaced only when using Dropbox, despite three years of trouble-free usage. I'm struggling to understand why this is happening now.

Message 9 of 10

No idea, maybe the setting of update?
I'm not using dropbox, but by mchanging the file, the process will update the file in dropbox. 
I set my software for not having a 1:1 upddate each seconds, becuase not every software could handle this.

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 10 of 10

Thank you for that mate. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report