Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiuser connection to Master model

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
549 Views, 1 Reply

Multiuser connection to Master model

I created Master model on my network drive and then I created local copies on 3 computers. Copies are on hard drive. On one computer I can connect to master model, but on other two I cannot. When I try to connect I get warning message like on attached picture.

Can someone help me to solve this problem?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnjmbennett
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

just to to check you are aware of the help pages on this topic.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU...

Also check the properties for connecting, found sometimes this not set up correctly on different machines, by user profile and permissions etc.

"Open the file properties dialog for this DWG file (right click on the file > Properties). Then go to the Security tab to change the security settings for this file, like in the image bellow.
Note: It's necessary to check the option: "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent". If this option is turned off then all the added users that should have access to this file will be automatically removed from the allowed access list for this file."

cheers

JB

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report