Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple projected views on drawing

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1084 Views, 8 Replies

Multiple projected views on drawing

I construct steel for primary support to pipes. In a facility there can be several constructions with quite some distans from the first to the last. I want to have them all in the same AS model. But as I am doing construction (shop) drawings on each steel construction, I have run into problems. I want, for each construction, to have top, front, right/left and an iso view of each "assembly" in the model on a single sheet. This is possible using model views and cameras, but this seems like a teedious work, having to move the cameras for each separate structure (each single sheet).

Isn't there another, more automated way?

Regards

Anders

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mick-CNF
in reply to: Anonymous

When you say construction do you mean assembly?

If your assembly is numbered you can set the view direction of the assembly.

Rotate the UCS so that the Z is the view direction you want for you front view, select the main part of the assembly then click define assembly detailing direction.

If this information solves your problem please accept as a solution.
Message 3 of 9
mick-CNF

Then you can use drawing style-assemblies-general assembly.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: mick-CNF

And if it is not an assembly? I dont define welds, and there are no bolts. Then it isn't an assembly right? Or should I define it as an assembly even though, because you're supposed to? And how do I do that in that case?

Regards

Anders

Message 5 of 9
mick-CNF

You should make it an assembly if it is all welded together.

Click on Objects tab, when weld point, select all the objects to weld together then add the weld point.

Number the assembly, then you can add the view direction.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: mick-CNF

Ohh I see, the projected views are actually cut views?! That I can achieve manually inside the drawing itself. That is not what I was asking for. And I still wont get an ISO-view, right?

And I can't get the gridlines in the top view, that I could get using Drawing style 3.4 Plan/Elevation/Detail view - pickbox.

Regards

Anders

Message 7 of 9
alickomay

what your asking is quite an advanced thing to do  uil need to make a drawing style to give the views  u wont im dsm.PNGso if u go to drawing style maneger , then in to user/asembily /then sum style 

as u can see in pic u can add views  top bottom left right  , and sum others  

but as i sed it can be dificalt to do this type of editing and ther not mutch in the way of good documents

u can mess up your drawig styles so make back up  or copy one and play about with your copy

but i dont think u can have it add a 3d/iso view  

u can make them with camera and add them to a drawing in doc manager

i normaly just manually add a iso to assemblies that are  quite complex 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: alickomay

I have to thank you for your effort.

Yes, I have too been messing with the Output->Drawing style manager, trying to add views to one type of drawing, but I can't get i right. So I have decided to go with the solution of single top view using 3.4 ...pick-box, with the alternativ of selection option Selection set. Then u choose what parts are to be in the view and select how big the view is to be. Then using cut views and finally setting doing the iso-view with UCS in the iso position and 3.4 again.

This is the result I want and get: screenshot_AS_003.

Thanks again

Regards

Anders

Message 9 of 9
mick-CNF

What you were asking for was something more automated. All the views in my drawing were generated in one process, no cameras and no moving the UCS. Although view B-B is a "cut" view it is an end view and you can alter the token.

You can customise the drawing style to get the gridlines to appear in the plan view and no you won't get an ISO view but this can be done by rotating the UCS, setting it to view, select the assembly attached parts then drawing style 3D view selected and add to the existing drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report