Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Columns Per Sheet

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kyle
363 Views, 5 Replies

Multiple Columns Per Sheet

I use the drawing process manager (Selected MP PageFull ANSI-D) to plot my columns.  The program often creates way more sheets than is necessary by only putting one column per sheet.  I assume this is because the program thinks there is no room on the sheet for more than one, even though there clearly is.  With very simple columns it will put two, three, and even four columns per sheet, but with a column with any attachment it will not.  Is there any way to override or fix this issue?

I have attached a drawing that shows what I am talking about.  Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
muleman1
in reply to: kyle

We have the opposite problem. When we use the same command, we get 3 or 4 pages on one (the drawings run way off the page)....LOL. We hope you get an answer, Maybe it help us too. The DSM is the MOST difficult thing I have encountered in my 35 year career. It would be nice if one of the gurus would produce a lengthy screencast showing the ins and outs.

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 3 of 6
philippe.bonneau
in reply to: muleman1

Hi,

Here is the link to a series of videos that cover the key workflows for customizing the Drawing Styles in Advance Steel:

http://autode.sk/ASstyles

Regards

Philippe

Message 4 of 6
muleman1
in reply to: philippe.bonneau

@philippe.bonneau thanks but as been discussed in other threads, these videos only show that DSM exist, no real instruction or example of how to use them. I think the major problem is the thousands of abbreviations with no legend or anyway to understand what they mean....? If you work with AS for 20 years, it is probably simple, but it is FAR from intuitive for the average user, in my inexperienced opinion. Browse this video and see how informative and easy to understand the instruction being given. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7BSu8ogBQg    I think this is the way to go, if AS would like their users to be able to use the software to its full potential.

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 5 of 6
philippe.bonneau
in reply to: muleman1

Please feel free to contact one of the resellers (to who you purchased Advance Steel) as they are able to provide a training on the customization of drawing styles in Advance Steel.

Regards

Philippe

Message 6 of 6
muleman1
in reply to: philippe.bonneau

AutoDesk training is all about AutoDesk collecting more money. We don't have a problem with that, as long as it is precise, productive and informative.  Have the people who actually understand how to use the software create and load tutorials online as screencasts, youtube videos, etc..... We can pay for the ones we need, then watch and review at our leisure and convenience. In our opinion, this is productive, profitable 21st century thinking. Think about it.....in an hours time how much income can one 'trainer' collect on a one on one situation, compared to how many views can you get on a $10 tutorial in the same hour?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report