Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Role within joint properties Greyed

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
mdmcano
981 Views, 20 Replies

Model Role within joint properties Greyed

I see that this problem still exists in AS 2021. Anybody know the solution? Or do wee still need to delete the  connection box and explode the joint property?

greyed-out.JPG

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: mdmcano

if a property is greyed out, this could sometimes be done in the joint itself. If there's no option for this, this modelrole is set by the software and could only be changed by deleting the joint box. 

In general there should be a modelrole in the stair joint

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 21
mdmcano
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

unfortunately, there's none in the joint properties. This version is 2021 already

Message 4 of 21
Sebastian_Eiche

what installation language? International, USA, UK ? If I havea look in the international, there's a role, maybe you delete some entities in your database?

Sebastian_Eiche_0-1611738997222.png

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 5 of 21
mdmcano

i am using USA sir

Message 6 of 21
Sebastian_Eiche

This should be the same modelrole. Do change any modelrole in the databases?

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 7 of 21
mdmcano

I think I have added or edited in my model role databases but never deleted one

Message 8 of 21
ArjunGaba

@mdmcano  i think you have set the model role in mt top landing for only grate and plates . Please check

Message 9 of 21
mdmcano
in reply to: ArjunGaba

hi, where can i check that?

Message 10 of 21
ArjunGaba

@mdmcano  Please open table editor from Mt and the open data base go to astor base setting > model role find top landing  see attached picture belowmt set.jpg

Message 11 of 21
mdmcano

i see, i dont have that maybe i indeed accidentally did something to my database. I will copy all of what in the default and transfer it to my current. thanks a lot! i will give updates on this once im done. and also may i just add a question

Is it okay to edit the RunName column to model roles i just newly added?

58.JPG

Message 12 of 21
Sebastian_Eiche

the key is important, thats the one which Adance Steel is using. the running name is the token which is shown in the dialog and on lists and so on

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 13 of 21
ArjunGaba

@mdmcano  You are looking in wrong area see attached picture above 

Message 14 of 21
mdmcano

I have accomplished that picture you sent (Table Editor). what i am asking now is if I can change the "RunName" content in table editor, to a 'newly added Model role which I added using Object property Editor'

Message 15 of 21
mdmcano

Hi sebastian. In short terms, I can Change the RunName" with my own added model roles, just dont do anything in the "key"?

Message 16 of 21
Sebastian_Eiche

in advance Steel, you always have 2 areas, for modelroles, there are two tables, one is based in the Astorbase and the other in the AstorAddIn.

And yes the key is important, the other one could be named like you want. this is used for example by Autodesk themselves, by having different languages

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 17 of 21
mdmcano

thank you both for the solution and enlightening. will update once i fixed it

Message 18 of 21
mdmcano

Hi all, looks like it worked when i input everything back again. just one more problem about base plates, may i know what in the database for this one? from "Base plate joint" in connection vault

59.JPG

Message 19 of 21
Sebastian_Eiche

this modelrole is also based in the AstorBase in the table Modelrole. So I think you delete a few entries here?

You could close AS, rename the AstorBase.mdf to maybe AstorBase_old.mdf. Also you had to delete the AstorBase.ldf and then you could start the Windows control panel,--> program/features--> select AS, press "Change" and in the following dialog use "repair". After this, you database should recreated. Start AS and have a look if the model role is working. 

If yes we could have a look how we could bring it back to your "old" AstorBase

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 20 of 21
mdmcano

my problem with bringing back the old AstorBase is the AddIns that i am already using might all be gone. I'd rather put the one model role for that baseplate than restore my whole working database 😣

That is why I just wanter to know whats the default there for baseplates so that i can put it manually here in the AstorBase. i kinda messed up

57.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report