Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labels position problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rapcan1
230 Views, 3 Replies

Labels position problem

Hi,

I am relatively new to Advance steel. I have a problem with a position of labels - I move label´s arrow into desired position, but after detail update/force update, it returns back to default position (see picture attached).

Labels.JPG

I am not sure, if keeping label in the desired position number 2 after update is possible, because I think that Advance steel is "searching" for some line to attach to.

Also, I think that moving label into desired position number 1 is in my case not working because of "overlapping lines priority" - beam line has higher priority than stiffener line - so only beam line is visible (I can see only corner finish lines of stiffener).

My questions:

1. Is it possible to change priority of visible lines in drawing?

2. Is it possible to move label into one of the desired positions from picture and also keeping this position after detail update?

Thank you very much!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Flies-Eyes
in reply to: rapcan1

Using the Advance Steel Node point 'snap' instead of the normal 'osnap' points should stop the labels from moving on updates.  I appreciate this doesn't solve all cases but AdS doesn't like midpoints of lines or nearest points. 

Message 3 of 4
rapcan1
in reply to: Flies-Eyes

Thank you for your idea, unfortunately this didnt solve my problem.

Message 4 of 4
kiraldave96
in reply to: rapcan1

I am no expert but I have been working with QGIS3 for some months. I don't think you can adjust the Labels placement from the Layout Menu.

What I do is, change the Label Placement in the layer (World View, duble click on Layer > Labels > Placement. Then go into my saved layout, update it, that will show the Labels as I want, and then on each Item, lock Layers and Styles. https://1921681254.mx/ .

It's probably not the best, but has worked for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report