Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

label locations

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
t.coble
393 Views, 4 Replies

label locations

Does anyone know if in the DSM if there is a way to get the labels positioned automatically?  For example, on my copes the label for the radius it just kinda throws wherever it wants . Would like them to be all uniform as much as possible. Either put them all on the outside or on the inside of the detailed steel.radius_label.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: t.coble

yes in the label strategy in the arrangement control you will find the arrangement steps (or somethings soundlike that)...there you will see the steps which Advance Steel will go, for trying to create the label. There's a minimum and maximum distance for the label and how much of the object area could be used for the label.
So if you want to have not so far away, just copy the strategy and change the max distance and then set this to the label strategy you use for the labeling.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 5

Not a direct answer to your specific question, but a work around I have used in the past...

I created prototypes that had a block/text that read "ALL RADIUS TO BE 1/2" UNLESS NOTED" and placed it in a convenient location in my prototype.  For my company's standards, 99% of our copes were all the same radius so it made sense to add the text and delete all of the labels.  This helped clean up some of the congestion on the shop drawings.

Message 4 of 5
t.coble
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

Any ideas of what the radius label would be under?

lableing.PNG

Message 5 of 5
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: t.coble

forgot what I wrote. I reread your post and look at your pic 😃

The radius is not a label, this is based on a dimension style. So the only setting is the distance to the object which is based on a default in the management tool in the default area, I think the category is called drawing-dimension (not sure 100%).

But it's not adjustable for the placement like the other labels.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report