Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping single part numbers after copy/mirror of parts

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bryan
776 Views, 3 Replies

Keeping single part numbers after copy/mirror of parts

Hi,

So after modeling a project and processing all dwgs. I realized I need to add more of a certain part.

Is there a way to copy a part and keep the same single part number without reprocessing or making a duplicate part dwg?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wtheron
in reply to: bryan

If the part is identical then the same number will be assigned by numbering. Only BOM lists and qty displayed on the detail drawings will update.

If the are minor differences, such material only, then a new number will be assigned and you will need to create a detail for this new part
Message 3 of 4
bryan
in reply to: wtheron

It works but I realized I can't only have the new parts highlighted or else it puts the internal number on it.

When numbering, the original part must be selected as well.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: bryan

We have coppied a mainpart (Assembly) several times with copy object part number in default checked.

We now want to change one of these assemblies but are stuck with the Main part number.

If we try to delete the main part number with only the assembly we want to change selected,

part number are deleted from all the original assemblies. Or if we change the number all change

even if the new part has been modified.

Can anyone help with the correct procedure please.

We would prefer not to have to change default setting any time we want to copy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report