Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export files from Advance Steel to AutoCad ?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
20370 Views, 11 Replies

How to export files from Advance Steel to AutoCad ?

Hi,

Anyone can help me to export files from AS to Auto Cad ?

I'm trying do this but it is possible.

Thank a lot.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

What is the challenge that you are facing exactly?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I can not export to .dwg file to open by Auto Cad for others.

Message 4 of 12
Sebastian_Eiche

if you want them to open your model, you have a few options:

- create a copy of your model, then use "explode" to create solids and after that use the command for "delete all AS objects" of the Tools tab tool ribbon

- second idea: the other one had to use an actual AutoCAD and install the Advance Steel Object Enabler

- you could try the IFC export, I think the AutoCAD Mechanical could import it

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

Hi Sebastian.

Thank you.

We dont have any choice to can  export to .dwg file as export to pdf file ? 

I have 3D model file from AS ( att.file), but follow first idea, we can not use it to check dimension.

Second idea, my supply only have Auto Cad program, they can not use AS. So, i want to export to 3D Cad file. They can review it.

Message 6 of 12
Sebastian_Eiche

maybe I missunderstand it, but what is the problem with my first way?
You had to use "Save As", then use "Explode", so you have 3D solids, after this use the other command and then you should normally send the dwg to everyone. 3D PDF must be produced by using a 3D printing app from the app store

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 7 of 12
josemartincabrerac

with properties: Install Object Enabler of Advance Steel

without properties: type ASTOREXPLODETOACIS to all the solids and then you can open it with autocad

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: josemartincabrerac

IT NOT WORKING
Message 9 of 12
Sebastian_Eiche

it works definitelybut you had to go through the steps.
Here's a youtube video:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSm1jHgekOQ

Many users are doing it, so I think it will work in your case too.

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
suad_kapidzija

Just to add on this topic, instead of having to alter the model, I found this way of "exploding drawings" from Document Manager very useful and maybe the quickest solution for me: 

https://advantage.graitec.com/en-US/forums/Advance-Steel/bc5d4139-829f-e711-8138-e0071b668071 

Message 11 of 12
sdonohoedesign

The function to export the exploded Advance Steel drawings in 1:1 to AutoCAD model space should be built in to the programme.  If you cannot see how powerful a function this is then you should not call yourself a detailer. 

No wonder Autodesk could not make a success of Advance Steel.

Message 12 of 12
AleckGiles

Hi,

Just FYI, the Graitec PowerPack for Advance Steel has a function to export your model to a plain DWG file for AutoCAD (Model to Solids) in one move. It also has a function to create 3D PDFs although that is not a great format.

You would be much better off using the free AutoDesk Online Viewer via the Shared Views command on the Collaborate ribbon. Upload the native AS file, send the link, and anybody can view it in any web browser on any device - even smartphones and tablets. All AS properties are included. See the blog here.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report