Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to differentiate between similar beams in the drawing style manager?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
nelsonmetalfab
300 Views, 3 Replies

How to differentiate between similar beams in the drawing style manager?

Hi everyone,

I am working with a structure that has pour-stops that I created using the folded beam command.

My goal is to create a framing plan drawing style that can hide the pour stops, however, it appears that Advance Steel treats the folded beams the same as all the other beams so I can't affect the folded beams without also affecting all the other beams. 

That brings me to the question, how does one differentiate between similar model parts to have more control in the drawing style manager? 

my latest attempt was to create a new model role called "pour Stop" and assign it to the folded beam pour-stops. Next, I added the main part (model Role) line in the Drawing style manager and set it to off in hopes that it would recognize the pour-stop's model role and hide the beams I want to be hidden. I know there are other workarounds to achieve this, however, I feel like there is a way to do this, and I would appreciate any help. I'm still quite new to the drawing style manager, so it's possible I'm just missing something simple.

*An important note to make is that even though the pour-stops were created with the folded beam command, they are being recognized as beams. 

I have attached a few screenshots for reference.

Image_2, shows the drawing style manager.

Image_3,  Is of the resulting plan view drawing with the folded beam pour-stops visible and labeled the same as all the other beams. 

Image_4, Shows the folded beam advance properties naming dialog box. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You need to add a model object that is linked to the model role , under the drawing style model object section. Set it to any beam object.

thrn add that model object type into the drawing presentation , making sure it is above the beam types and main parts.   

the drawing style sorts line by line the model objects to determine their status of presentation. 

set it to off not to see it.

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
acbsdesign
in reply to: nelsonmetalfab

@nelsonmetalfab 

As it was said, we have to add it first in Model Objects- in MP (w/ Model roles)

Copy an existing model role and change properties.

acbsdesign_0-1655560049030.png

Then copy an existing line in  Object Presentation, change it to Pour Stop and move on top of everything (at least on top of Mp-Beam)

Change the desired presentation, keeping in mind the geometric restrictions. 

In my dwg style it is VisibleHidden, I want to show it and label it.

acbsdesign_1-1655560117303.png

HTH.

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this makes it easier for other users.

Regards,
Ilko Dimitrov, IDC-1, M. Eng.
Tekla and Advance Steel Detailer
ACBS Structural Steel Detailing

If it is made of steel, I can model it and detail it.

acbs-usa.com | Helpful Place

Message 4 of 4

Thank you, @johnjmbennett & @acbsdesign .

That worked perfectly! I really appreciate the help and insight.

Best,

-Pat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report