Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a profiled sloped plate

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
faijanuddinshaikh
198 Views, 4 Replies

How to create a profiled sloped plate

I'm trying to create a 21mm wide plate which is sloped. Right now I'm creating it by setting the ucs to the front of the fascia and after using folded plate command, I give it 90 degree angle to make it rotate. This is quite time consuming and doesn't give desired results. Please give some suggestions. Red box is plate. I have attached a file just in case.

faijanuddinshaikh_1-1704287970313.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Create the main plate as a normal rectangular plate, then convert it to a poly plate, check box option under the AS properties, then drag out the grip on the corner that requires the slope, to the high point.  The other plates model in place and use the fold tools that are without position adjustment.

you can also create a poly plate from a series of point, if you wish.

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Did you see the attached file? I can create the main plate easily with poly plate command, it's the top cover which I'm having issue with, It has 21mm width, it bends 90 degree and its on a slope which rests on the tapered main plate. If I choose to create it from its face forward UCS, I won't get the slope and If I create it with the same UCS as main plate, I won't get the 21mm width.  I've tried setting the ucs on slope but it doesn't fit right with the main plate. I guess it's supposed to be like that.

Message 4 of 5

i don't understand why you have conflict at here? but my way is setup ucs on slope workplane then i create plate.

vuongbuinuce_0-1704446274169.png

vuongbuinuce_1-1704446386379.png

Message 5 of 5

That's what it looks like after cutting out overlapping plates. I use end to end dimensions when making these fascias. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report